Friday, May 25, 2012

Saturday, May 25th, 1974

All I got today was a couple more mags with Linda, three old comics and a TV GUIDE.

I saw CHOSEN SURVIVORS with Terry late this morning and SERPICO with Dad later in the day. They were both good and saw previews of two more movies I want to see.

I've got to write my penpal letter soon. I haven't gotten one in a long time.

NOTES: Literally Terry and I saw the 11:20 showing of the one movie at the Times, then I went home, had some lunch, then Dad and I took the bus back over and saw the other movie. I had more stamina in those days. 


In retrospect, CHOSEN SURVIVORS was no big deal. SERPICO, on the other hand, from its iconic poster to a great script and a riveting performance from Al Pacino that forever prevented him being stereotyped as a gangster after THE GODFATHER films. My dad loved it, too!

No comments: