Friday, July 13, 2012

Saturday, July 13th, 1974


Doug bought the Bruce Lee book and another one from me. Then we caught the bus for the long ride out to Tri-County and saw HERBIE RIDES AGAIN. I think it may be Stefanie's best movie!

At the Shopping Center, we saw a karate demonstration with the star of a new movie. Not much. Stopping at Fountain on the way back, I got the new SPEC with great stuff on Linda! Even a poster. I put it on my wall naturally.

We got back downtown about 8 and home by 8:30.

My LB scrapbook is getting overcrowded. I've decided to dedicate my next one (which I may need as early as next week) to her, also. I need to write her again, too.

Stayed up late to watch STAR TREK.

NOTES: Doug and I were best friends in 5th, 6th and 7th grades, simultaneous with Terry, but for some reason, he and I never went to movies together. In fact, I think this may have been the only one we saw together. We actually caught an early afternoon matinee but, as with before, the multiple buses made it an all-day trip. Especially since the buses had an abbreviated schedule on Sundays. Nowadays, if my son, now 15 as I was then, were to be gone for hours and hours and take multiple buses, I'd freak out all day!


No comments: