Sunday, October 28, 2012

Monday, October 28th, 1974



I had several lengthy dreams about THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE. Mom and Dad liked it last night. I'm glad they did. 

Dad and I put out the trash early this morning because we didn't know if the men would come today or not. They did.

After over a month, the TV was fixed finally. Again.

This was a day when I really wish I could have stayed home. A beautiful day!

In school, in Spanish, there's one couple that are...really...well...wow. The girl says she's been streaking and the two feel each other up in class and... well, almost everything else!

A really good night for TV. I saw part of Steffie on THE ROOKIES and also IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN for about the eighth time. Also RHODA took the big step. Down the aisle. It was funny! Watched a short special on the filming of THE TOWERING INFERNO, too. It was great!

NOTES: In actuality, it was probably the 9th time I had seen the PEANUTS special. I never missed it until sometime in the nineties. I still think it's one of the best animated TV specials of them all. 

RHODA's marriage was one of THE big deals on TV that season. The following season saw the divorce episode.

Streaking was the bizarre fad of taking off one's clothes and running naked through a public place...just because. Both men and women did it. There were streakers at sporting events, live TV shows, in parks, in downtown areas. There was even a popular novelty song by Ray Stevens and a Marvel-published magazine about the odd phenomenon. People who wouldn't be caught dead naked in public suddenly seemed compelled to streak!

No comments: