Monday, May 14, 2012

Tuesday, May 14th, 1974

I stayed home and went to the doctor and now I have to take some medicine.

Since I was home, I got to see a special 1930's show on MIKE DOUGLAS.

I'll probably return to school tomorrow.

Jeff Higgs told me that a girl actually fainted in a Glee Club presentation at school today!

The Social Security people didn't ;eave until very late tonight but I felt too rotten to go anyway.

NOTES: The nostalgia craze began in the late sixties and lasted about a decade. Everything old was hot again--books, movies, songs, dances, fashions. The twenties and thirties were huge in this period but the fifties had become the big deal by the end of the decade, probably thanks to the success of AMERICAN GRAFFITI and HAPPY DAYS and the failure of films such as DAY OF THE LOCUST, THE GREAT GATSBY and WON TON TON, THE DOG THAT SAVED HOLLYWOOD.


Jeff Higgs was a kid who was a year behind me. We had known each other since I was in second grade and he was in first. Last year, I spotted him on Facebook, a grey-haired psychologist now. We exchanged  a couple of emails. Ya gotta love the Internet.

No comments: