Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wednesday, August 14th, 1974

Doug has moved! he wants me to come up tomorrow or sometime soon. He tells me that girl IS Bob's sister. Oh, well. Can't win 'em all. Just wish I could win SOME of these!

I had a terrific dream about Doug, Terry and I attending some big school over in Ohio. Too fascinating to really describe and get across what made it feel so good.

Saw part 2 of THIEF and a very, very moving ABC afternoon special with Patty Duke Astin. I finally saw MELVIN PURVIS, G-MAN, too. And I watched MUSCLE BEACH PARTY again. Made me discover that what used to be my favorite type of movie now seems childish and silly. Boy! I didn't even like it!

Either I mis-numbered or I'm missing two of my SPECIAL COMIC EDITIONS.

NOTES: Not sure how Doug knew she was Bob's sister. Guess if I had a clue who Bob was maybe?

Don't recall where Doug moved to, either. Don't think I ever did go there. Guess we'll find out.

Interesting how tastes change. Seems to me like I always loved the BEACH PARTY movies with Frankie and Annette. Yes, they are silly and childish but...so? This particular one also features Donna Loren who I was privileged to interview a couple of years back, "Little" Stevie Wonder and one of Peter Lorre's very last film appearances. I loved it as a kid, apparently didn't as a teenager, and now I love it again!

No comments: