Sunday, June 24, 2012

Monday, June 24th, 1974

We got our new Encyclopedia yearbook.

I started a new Marvel themed notebook. One of my best!

Had some major stomach pains tonight that weren't helped by the bad fall I took at the Social Security Office. Luckily my "Pain does not hurt" zen philosophy worked. Well...with the fall, not the stomach pains. At least my cold was mostly better.

I started writing a new short story. It's called ON MY JOURNEY but I may change that.

NOTES: The "Pain does not hurt" thing is a mind over matter/positive thinking thing whereby you distance yourself from the physical pain until the body becomes used to it and accepting of it. I still do it and have taught it to my son, also.


I'm not 100% sure of which story ON MY JOURNEY was but I think I still have it buried in a box upstairs. Maybe I'll try to find it. 

No comments: