Friday, February 10, 2012

Sunday, February 10th, 1974

Got my new scrapbook off to a good start today.

Worked on SITUATION SIX while watching sports programs and the beginning of THE WORLD AT WAR this afternoon.

Spent the evening with Clint Eastwood in his third--and best!--"spaghetti" western, THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY!

NOTES:A year or so before, Terry and I had sat through a triple feature of Eastwood's Italian westerns--A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS, FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE and THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY. By that last one, I was too exhausted to have really enjoyed it. (It's a long movie!) So I was pleased to be able to catch it again on TV and this time enjoyed it much more. 


In just the last few years, thanks to the Internet, I've been able to see and enjoy quite a few of the spaghetti westerns I had only heard of before now. You gotta love the Internet. 


SITUATION SIX was an ambitious short story I wrote at this time. The basic plot was that a law officer from the far future uses a time machine to track an evil dictator who had escaped into the 19th Century.  The twist is that the dictator becomes Abraham Lincoln and the hero who has to stop him---John Wilkes Booth! I actually finished that one and went on to an even more ambitious follow-up, SITUATION SEVEN, which got an awful lot of outlining but nary an actual word written over a two year period I dealt with it before abandoning it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Situation Six sounds like a Quantum Leap type show. I would have watched it!

Analogmoon said...

It's amazing how Lee Van Cleef ended up in that film - and then made a whole new career for himself.