Saturday, January 7, 2012

Monday, January 7th, 1974

Although I went back to school today, the new Daylight Savings Time made it seem like nighttime!

Finally, all seems like it really is back to normal...and I'm really glad about that!

NOTES: Kinda boring so far I'll admit but it gets better. I was still learning what to write about.


Daylight Savings Time? In the middle of Winter? My friend Derek reminds me that this was the early days of the seventies Energy Crisis. On the 'Net, I find: "On January 4, 1974, President Nixon signed into law the Emergency Daylight Saving Time Energy Conservation Act of 1973. Then, beginning on January 6, 1974, implementing the Daylight Saving Time Energy Act, clocks were set ahead. On October 5, 1974, Congress amended the Act, and Standard Time returned on October 27, 1974."


They say that one is a fool not to be a liberal at 20 and similarly a fool not to be a conservative at 40. In 1973, when I was in the eighth grade, I spearheaded the school support to re-elect Nixon as President. What the hell did I know about politics?

1 comment:

Raj said...

One binge-a-thon show on Monday nights:

The Rookies (Aaron Spelling production which seems to make it lighter than other cop shows, though at times gets gritty. Great performances and chemistry from all five, Brown Melville Ontkean Jackson and O'Laughlin. Ontkean does feel like he's made some Tiger Beat covers in his time and had attracted the avid ABC Greg Brady/Keith Partridge viewer. Some of the episodes this season 2 have been sluggish which Onkean made public when he chose to leave before season 3.)
"Trial by Doubt" great story of a cop-killer with Howard T Platt (Hoppy on Sanford and Son + guests on every other show i watched)