Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Thursday, February 21st, 1974

Today was a fine day at school. I even beat someone in floor drill runs in Gym.

But then I came home and found when Dad came in that now his entire--just refurnished!--car has been stolen! AS I said before when it was broken into, it really isn't any worry of mine and yet I'm concerned. I hate to see Dad this way. I wish something would happen in the case.

Probably have my health exam tomoroow. I hope so so I can get it over with.

Saw Roddy on TV tonight.

NOTES: Ugh! I guess that's why, to this day, even though we have a driveway for our car I still look out the front door regularly just to make sure it's still there! I hate that feeling of violation when someone gets away with something that's yours--especially something that big and expensive! But...you survive. 


Roddy was, of course, Roddy McDowall, a favorite then and a favorite now. Made a point of catching him on something just yesterday in 2012 in fact. In 1974, he seemed to be on everything, often still playing early twentysomething characters in spite of the fact that he was, by then, early fortysomething.

No comments: