Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sunday, May 26th, 1974

Tomorrow is Memorial Day but Mom and Dad went to the cemetery today without Aunt Rosie and Uncle Bill. She gave me a Beatles album and wants me to get copies of two of the pictures I took. Mom also bought me some new clothes while they were out and Dad got me three footlongs from Dairy Queen!

I saw Mike Oldfield do TUBULAR BELLS on TV.

I finally wrote the penpal letter. It's been almost three months since I heard from the other one.

I entered a NATIONAL ENQUIRER contest where they grant your wish. I wished to meet Linda Blair. In case that doesn't work, I also wrote to find out her address. (I also asked if they knew who was going to play on PLANET OF THE APES on TV this fall.) All day long I've been thinking about Linda Blair. I don't know what I'd do if I ever did meet her. I now have almost 40 different photos of her, though, and I still intend to see her movie eventually.

I saw on TV a Laurel and Hardy short and a special called MAGICAL MYSTERY TRIP THROUGH LITTLE RED'S HEAD. I was really attracted to the show. I don't know why.

I put a blotter I salvaged from SS on my desk this afternoon. I may not leave it long, though.

I didn't get to work on my story much if at all so I may not be able to turn it in after all. I'm having second thoughts about a writing career anyway. I'm thinking maybe of an acting or even a political career!

 


NOTES: As you can see, that TV special was a Depatie-Freleng animated, educational after-school special. With Timer! This being a Sunday, it may have been a rerun since obviously there was no school. 


Politics!!?? In time, I did get to do some acting and I've been told I'm pretty good at it. But politics!!??

No comments: