Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Thursday, July 11th, 1974

I got some new books including the long-awaited PLANET OF THE APES. I got one old book at OBS. They had very few, probably because Terry cleaned them out yesterday.

We went out to the Zoo today. I took my camera but I don't think I got any good shots.

I think I saw Jim Scott downtown this afternoon!

I didn't finish work 'til after 9 o'clock.

I'm thinking of starting a fan club for that girl at The Madison since she looks so much like Linda Blair!

It's too late for me to send Debbie a birthday card now. Guess that just shows that she really is completely out of my life now. I'm growing older.

NOTES: Jim Scott was my favorite DJ on WSAI AM. Had been since I first discovered radio in 1969. It's not that small of a town and I went through a period where I hung around with radio folks and yet it would be 34 years before i would casually run into Jim Scott again and that was at the Airport. I didn't say anything to him because someone else had recognized him and was monopolizing his time. I didn't want to ruin his moment.


Jim has weathered the changes in radio and still holds forth with a successful (if long unlistenable) show today in the Cincinnati market..

No comments: