Monday, July 23, 2012

Tuesday, July 23rd, 1974


The TV man was supposed to come this morning so Mom and Dad did my work so I could wait for him.

Doug and I caught a Cold Spring bus and it took us right to the Newport Shopping Center. Just down the block was the Newport Plaza and the cinemas. We each saw our respective films and we each loved them. I enjoyed BUTCH & SUNDANCE so much it might beat out EXORCIST in my Top 10!
Coming home we walked most of the way, stopping at A & P. No new comics, though. We caught a bus closer than where I caught it the other day. We may go back tomorrow to see DIRTY MARY, CRAZY LARRY and visit a poster shop. MUSKETEERS didn't make it. Maybe next week.

NOTES: Curious as to why my parents were off work on this day. Also curious as to why and how we were working in the morning. Where were the day staff? That's what it says, though. They covered me so I could wait for the TV guy in the morning. Oh, well.


I have no memory whatsoever of this split movie trip with Doug.

No comments: