Friday, April 6, 2012

Saturday, April 6th, 1974

Over at the Ohio Bookstore I got some old Vampi's and a few other old mags but hardly any comics out of all of those new old ones. There's also a special EXORCIST newspaper out that I want to get soon.

Got the another new TBG today.

IT.

NOTES: "Vampi" was VAMPIRELLA, a black and white comic magazine that didn't subscribe to the Comics Code and thus often showed naked women! At 15 it was perfectly legal to buy. No one questioned it. On top of that, some of the stories and art were by some of the best in the comics business! Win-Win. I started with issue 14 and bought it for many years, even having a letter published in one when I was about 16.


If I remember correctly, one of the back issues I got this day was the one seen here featuring a now-classic story by Wallace Wood. (In case you haven't heard, I run a Wallace Wood blog, too!)

No comments: